Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chapter 1- Note taking


Questions:
Page 4: Lennie and George came across a river. They were drinking water and Lennie imitated George and I wonder if maybe George is his role model? Or why was he imitating him? Does he look up to him?
2) Page 11:George started screaming at Lennie about how frustrating it is to be with him. George exploded on Lennie and he mentioned that Lennie was feeling a girl's dress. I wonder why he was feeling it and if he stole it or something?

Connections: Page 11: While George was screaming at Lennie, it reminded me of when I saw this brother scream at his disabled brother about how he was ashamed of being with him.
Page 1: The description on page 1 reminded me of this place I once went to in South Carolina. It had this really long river, and there were curvy hills, and there were always rabbits around.

Predictions: Page 16: I think by the way George is speaking to Lennie, Lennie is going to come to a realization that he is being treated poorly and he might escape or actually run away to these caves he keeps talking about. Even though Lennie was born with a disability and is mentally challenged, I think he's going to know how someone should treat him and how someone shouldn't treat him. George speaks to him with no respect and as a reader I can tell Lennie isn't stupid and he knows the way George is talking to him is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment