Friday, March 8, 2013

Chapter 5 Notes

Summary:
During this chapter Lennie is petting the puppy just how he would pet the mice and he ends up killing it. Everyone else is at a horseshoe tournament and Lennie is all alone. Then walks in Curley's wife. George has constantly told Lennie not to talk to her because she will just get him into trouble. Lennie refused to talk to her at first and then she convinced him to talk to her. She keeps babbling on and on about her life story while all that Lennie cares about is tending the rabbits. Then he tells her how much he loves to pet soft things and she offers him to pet her hair. This was one of the biggest mistakes this far into the book. He starts petting her and once she says stop, he has a very good grip on her hair now. She starts screaming and yelling and he put his huge hand over her mouth. She had no way of breathing so he ended up killing the woman. Of course, Lennie didn't mean to because he doesn't know his strength and he doesn't understand what's right and what's wrong.

Connection:
When Candy gets upset because he can no longer have his dream come true I understand and I have felt this way before. I wanted to go to this dance highschool school and my father ended up telling me I can't. I have wanted to go to this high school since I was in the 3rd grade and my dreams were crushed.

Prediction:
 I think George is going to find where Lennie is since he's the only one who knows about the hiding spot but I highly doubt he's going to tell the others. I also think he won't allow Curley to shoot Lennie. I'm not sure how he will stop him but I have a feeling that George will do something to stop him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment